Loaded jacket potato recipe
This recipe can be made with either normal potato or sweet potato.
Sweet potato despite the name have a lower Glycemic Index and keep you fuller for longer.
This recipe is uses roast chickpeas and tahini sauce as toppings but you can be creative and put whatever you fancy on top.
It is high in fibre, plant protein and calcium. The chickpeas and tahini combination tends to taste better with the sweet potato in my opinion.
Loaded jacket potato
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 333
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 39g
Saturated Fat 5g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 12g
Monounsaturated Fat 18g
Total Carbohydrates 136g
Dietary Fiber 10g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- (This is to serve one person, if making for more just multiply by the number of people you are feeding)
- 1 Large potato/sweet potato
- For topping sauce
- 2 tbsp of tahini sauce
- ½ cup of chopped fresh cilantro and coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt (omit if vegan)
- Juice of half a lemon (optional)
- For roast chickpeas
- 1 cup of boiled/canned chickpeas
- Chickpea rub
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp chili powder (optional)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1. Wash potato well and leave to dry. Prick skin all around with fork and rub lightly with salt and vegetable oil.
- 2. Place in tin foil but do not wrap around if you want a crispy skin.
- 3. Put in oven 180c/360F until soft on inside and skin starts to crisp. Usually 4o minutes for a medium-large size potato.
- 4. In a bowl mix the chickpea rub with the chickpeas on put on a separate tray beside the potato.
- 5. Remove chickpeas from oven with they start to turn a golden brown around 15-20 minutes. Keep a constant eye on chickpeas as they can turn from roasted to burnt quite quickly.
- 6. Meanwhile mix all the ingredients for the topping sauce.
- 7. When potato is ready slit open in centre, and scoop out the soft middle. Load roasted chickpeas and drizzle sauce on top. You can garnish with a sprig of cilantro and lemon wedge.
Sincerely Suki https://sincerelysuki.com/